WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT & RETAIN?
ORDER FULFILLMENT INFORMATION
When you purchase products through our website, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, phone number and email address. All of these pieces of information are necessary to ship your order. We do not share any of your contact information with anybody other than our third party order fulfillment vendors and fraud protection services. We retain your shipping details and order history to enable us to provide you with future customer services like returns and warranty replacements.
CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
- Mysmok does not collect or store credit card information provided when making a purchase on our website. All credit card transactions are handled by our third party payment gateways and merchant services.
- Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
We use a third party service to host and manage our Support Center and Contact Us form. When you fill out the Contact Us form or email, our support service retains all of the information you provided, including your name and email. This information enables our support team to see a history of your support inquiries and provide you with the best possible service. Your customer service history is only accessible by the Mysmok Customer Service team.
If you sign up or opt in to the Mysmok Newsletter we will collect your name and email address for the purposes of sending you occasional updates about our company. We will never share or sell this information to anybody without your consent, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- Mysmok takes security seriously and cares about the integrity of your personal information. We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological methods to transmit and store your data in a secure, encrypted manner. However, Mysmok cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
DO WE SELL ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
- No, we don’t. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website or via our social media channels. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
- We are in compliance with the requirements of California Penal Code Section 308(a) and The STAKE Act, we do not collect any information from anyone under 21 years of age.
- Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 21 years old or older.
- By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of 21.
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org